Dr. Anil Kurian
Dr. Kurian was born and raised in Edmonton, AB. He completed his medical school training at McMaster University in Hamilton, ON. He subsequently completed a five-year dermatology residency program at the University of Alberta. During his residency training, he served as both Chief Dermatology Resident and Co-Chair of the Canadian Dermatology Association’s Residents and Fellows Society.
Dr. Kurian is a published author of 2 dermatology books and more than 50 peer-reviewed dermatology articles. He has won numerous prestigious research and teaching awards during his early medical career, including awards from the Ontario Medical Association (OMA) from his work and advocacy to implement indoor tanning legislation, and from the Canadian Dermatology Association (CDA) for his commitment towards education and teaching of dermatology resident physicians. Dr. Kurian is also a Fellow with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and the American Academy of Dermatology.
Awards & Acknowledgements
- Served as Chief Dermatology Resident during residency training and Co-Chair of the Canadian Dermatology Association’s Residents and Fellows Society
- Published 2 books targeted at Primary Care Physicians and health practitioners on the most common dermatological conditions and the best evidence-based treatments
- Has published more than 50 peer reviewed dermatology articles
- Won Canadian Dermatology Association (CDA) award for teaching of dermatology resident physicians
- Award from the Ontario Medical Association (OMA) for advocacy to implement indoor tanning legislation